About the Series
The Center for Engaged Learning (CEL) Open Access Book Series features concise, peer-reviewed books (both authored books and edited collections) for a multi-disciplinary, international, higher education audience interested in research-informed engaged learning practices.
The CEL Open Access Book Series offers an alternate publishing option for high-quality engaged learning books that align with the Center’s mission, goals, and initiatives, and that experiment with genre or medium in ways that take advantage of an online and open-access format.
CEL is committed to making these publications freely available to a global audience.
Books are hosted as PDF or HTML texts on the Center for Engaged Learning’s website and are paired with additional open-access resources (e.g., videos, discussion questions, etc.).
Book authors/editors who publish in the series will join a community of scholars focused on engaged learning, with series books collectively marketed to faculty, staff, and administrators across higher education institution types around the globe.
The Series Editors
- provide formative feedback to guide revisions and to help authors/editors embrace the affordances of open-access publications,
- collaborate with book authors/editors on promoting their books to a broad, international audience of stakeholders in higher education,
- offer strategies for showcasing books in conference presentations, and
- support the development of robust supplemental resources that extend readers’ use and discussion of the books.
Want to Share Our Books?
Thank you for helping us spread the word about our Open Access Book Series! We encourage you to follow these best practices, as they make sense within the platform you’re using to share.
- Do not link directly to the PDF; instead link to the book page on the Center for Engaged Learning’s website (each book has its own sub-website, which is linked to from this web page).
- Include the DOI.
- Emphasize that the book is open access, freely available for download on the book website. Each book is published under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license, which means you may share the work with attribution for non-commercial purposes.
- Note that we have additional book resources on the website (and link to them if possible), which support group discussion of the book.
- Include the following brief description of the Center for Engaged Learning:
- If posting to social media, please tag us!