Chapter 16: Telling a Bigger Story: Books and Edited Collections
Chapter 16 distinguishes writing books about learning and teaching from writing in other genres. It examines how the changing publication landscape affects choosing a publisher for a book on learning and teaching; elaborates on how and when to prepare and submit a book proposal; and discusses some of the issues involved in editing a collection of articles or chapters on learning and teaching.
- What big ideas are you passionate about for writing a book or editing a collection on learning and teaching in higher education?
- Which of our Guiding Questions will help you begin your book manuscript or prepare your book proposal?
- If you are considering putting together an edited book collection, how do you address the 4Cs—coherence, contribution, coverage, and contributors?
Related Book Resources
- Guiding Questions for Planning an Academic Book: [PDF] [DOCX]
- Guiding Questions for Planning an Edited Collection of Chapters or Articles: [PDF] [DOCX]
- Selected Books about Learning and Teaching in Higher Education