CEL Research Seminars
Following the tradition of multi-institutional research established by the Elon Research Seminars on Teaching Democratic Thinking (2009-2011) and Critical Transitions: Writing and the Question of Transfer (2011-2013), Center for Engaged Learning (CEL) Research Seminars support multi-institutional research on focused engaged learning topics. The seminars invite applications from scholars at higher education institutions around the world for 24 to 36 participant spots, and accepted participants collaborate over two academic years, with three summer meetings. CEL Seminars have significant impacts on engaged learning scholarship related to the seminar topics.
- (Re)Examining Conditions for Meaningful Learning Experiences (2020-2023), Led by Eric Hall, Buffie Longmire-Avital, and Jessie L. Moore
- Writing Beyond the University: Fostering Writers’ Lifelong Learning and Agency (2019-2021), Led by Julia Bleakney, Jessie L. Moore, and Paula Rosinski
- Capstone Experiences (2018-2020), Led by Caroline Ketcham, Tony Weaver, and Jillian Kinzie
- Residential Learning Communities as a High-Impact Practice (2017-2019), Led by Mimi Benjamin, Jody Jessup-Anger, Shannon B. Lundeen, and Cara McFadden
- Faculty Change Towards High-Impact Pedagogies (2016-2018), Led by Jessie L. Moore, Peter Felten, and Deandra Little
- Integrating Global Learning with the University Experience: Higher-Impact Study Abroad and Off-Campus Domestic Study (2015-2017), Led by Nina Namaste, Neal Sobania, Amanda Sturgill, and Mick Vande Berg
- Excellence in Mentoring Undergraduate Research (2014-2016), Led by Maureen Vandermaas-Peeler, Paul Miller, W. Brad Johnson, and Laura Behling
- Critical Transitions: Writing and the Question of Transfer (2011-2013), Led by Jessie L. Moore, Chris Anson, and Randy Bass
- Teaching Democratic Thinking (2009-2011), Led by Stephen Bloch-Schulman, Elizabeth Minnich, John Ottenhoff, Donna Engelmann, Rita Pougiales, and Ed Whitfield
Click here to subscribe for future calls for applications for CEL Research Seminars. To learn more about the CEL Research Seminars, contact Jessie L. Moore, Director of the Center for Engaged Learning.