Guidelines for Brief Proposal
Authors/editors should submit a brief proposal for feedback from the Series Editors before developing a full proposal. The two- to four-page brief proposal should include:
- the book concept,
- its potential contribution to practice and literature,
- its appropriateness for the Stylus Publishing/Center for Engaged Learning Series on Engaged Learning and Teaching,
- an indication of the anticipated format (e.g., authored book or edited collection, estimated number of chapters, and organizational structure),
- brief information about the relevant qualifications of the authors/editors, and
- a preliminary plan to promote the book at conferences, etc.
Although individual books in the series might most appeal to those interested in a specific topic, authors/editors should “translate” their research/theories for broad audiences in higher education, including faculty, staff, faculty developers, administrators, and policy makers. Therefore, authors/editors should speak to the scholarship’s implications for higher education, including effective practices for teaching, curriculum design, and/or educational policies.
Expectations for Promoting Series Books
The Series Editors will collaborate with authors/editors to promote each book on the Center for Engaged Learning’s website, through social media, and by targeting conference sessions near publication dates. Proposals for books in this series should include a preliminary list of open-access resources (e.g., discussion questions for reading groups, videos and other multimedia resources related to the book topics, sample research materials that might otherwise appear in an appendix, etc.) that could be hosted on the Center for Engaged Learning’s website (pending final review by the Center). Submitted manuscripts must include these supplemental materials. The Series Editors will share strategies for developing and curating these materials.
Please direct questions to Jennie Goforth (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessie L. Moore (email@example.com).